Sunday, September 9, 2012

online security presentation

During the presentation I felt that I learned alot more about what to watch out for in the online world. I used to wonder why I would get so many virus but now I relize where these were coming from and how to prevent them more effectivly. For one i now know that eve clicking a pop up or the scroll bar can download spyware and other nasty viruses that can really harm your computer. This is my problem because sometimes i'll be on a website and a box will pop up right where I click and all these other windows start spaming my screen. Another lesson i've learned is about password security. On Ian's list of common passwords, mine was actually on here and after the class I changed it imediately. After seeing the list and how long i can take someone to hack your password, I really put some thought into my next one to make sure it wouldnt be a problem. Today everyone is online with personal information that can be hacked by people that can really hurt them. So when on the internet you just need to be aware of what you are clicking, how strong your password is, and not putting up to much about your self out there to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment